Bumble bees - live colony
- Brand: Creative Woodcraft
- Product Code: Bumble bees - live colony
- Availability: In Stock
* This product should be placed within our one of our "Bumble Bee Abodes" as it's not waterproof.
Minimum 80 worker bees and one healthy queen
Bumble Bees-Buy with confidence! We sell bumblebee hives to pollinate Gardens!
- Healthy Bumble Bees.
- Perfect for garden, fruit and vegetable pollination.
Mild-mannered large earth bumblebee, Bombus terrestris are raised for gardeners and commercial growers.
Your bumble bee hive includes:
- Approximately 80 worker bees and one healthy queen.
- Plastic ventilated container with a removable roof. You may like to add a protective housing that is weather resistant. Consider a Bumble-A-Bode from Creative Woodcraft.
- Instructions for setting up and raising your bumble bees.
Bumble Bee Features:
- Available all year round for outdoor pollination and greenhouse use. Our suppliers are able to produce and provide hives any week of the year, which is especially important for the glasshouse grower, and means the gardener gets great quality fruits and vegetables all year round!
- Super pollinator for fruit trees, tomato hot houses, vegetable gardens and flowers.
Lifespan: if conditions are right they may pollinate for 8 weeks or more! perfect for most garden pollination needs.
- Efficient pollinator that gathers pollen from nearby plants, but can forage for kilometers if needed.
- As the queen nears the end of her life, she produces multiple queens, 20 to 30 on average who set up their own hives elsewhere. Not only do you get great pollination, your community wins with additional pollinators as they spread each season. “So consider adding a few extra bumble bee nesting boxes to provide suitable additional habitat for the newly emerging queens”
Research: Evidence has shown that new queens that emerge from man-made hives may indeed be attracted to other similar man-made hives within which to start their own nests.
- Hives are 100% self-contained, with no need for any ongoing maintenance. The bumble bees are provided with sufficient sugar solution to last the life of the hive, which is pre-packaged at the base of the hive box. Hives are delivered to your door by courier service (shipped overnight)
Please note delivery cannot be to P.O boxes.
- Shipped in specially designed box to ensure healthy bees.
Since the cardboard box is not weatherproof, we suggest you purchase a Bumble-A-Bode, perfectly sized to accommodate the specially designed cardboard box. “And looks just great in your garden!” It is built to last and can be used over and over again!!
At the comments section of the checkout, enter the date you want bees sent, based on when you want to start pollination. We coordinate your target date with our bumble bee raiser.